This is the Kyosho Ultima RB6.6 1/10 2WD Electric Buggy Kit. After the IFMAR Electric Off-Road World Championship in Ultra high grip surfaces such as artificial turf and carpet have become mainstream in off-road racing since the 2015 IFMAR Off-Road World Championships run at Yatabe Arena in Ibaraki, Japan. To stay ahead of these constantly evolving trends, Kyosho’s Ultima RB6 has been updated into the 6.6 model.
While maintaining the superiority of the proven suspension and steering in the RB6, the 6.6 model features a selection of 4 different gearboxes: “Rear Motor”; “3 Gear Midship”; “4 Gear Midship”, and “Lowdown Midship”. In addition to the ever-reliable rear motor for looser surfaces, the 6.6 features midship transmissions for higher grip dirt surfaces and a lower C of G lowdown midship transmission for ultra high-grip surfaces such as artificial turf and carpet.
With detailed precision setting capability, this single machine is compatible with any surface type that a racer is required to drive on. Also, the wider 7075-T6 grade main chassis with side guards is unchanged to deliver the cornering advantages of its width. When using the midship layout, either straight or sideways battery mounting orientation can be used to fine-tune the chassis weight distribution effect on running performance.
- Advanced Specifications: high rigidity 7075-T6 main chassis, surface-tracing Big Bore shocks and choice of motor layout.
- 7075 Chassis: With the RB6 model’s width, the 7075-T6 grade main chassis features increased rigidity and lower center of gravity to perform in both high-speed and high-grip race conditions.
- Battery Layout: Battery can be oriented straight or sideways (with midship layout) for precision adjustment of chassis weight distribution to suit the grip and layout of various racing courses.
- Adjustable Caster: Includes caster inserts that allow 3 caster angle settings: 0°, 2° and 4°. Precision setting adjustment enables superior cornering and performance.
- Superior Crash Resistance & Durability: Uses the same one-piece steel wheel shafts, hardened ball ends and chrome-moly steel adjustable tie rods as the previous model for superior crash resistance and durability.
- Gull-Wing Arms: Features gull-wing shaped suspension arms that enable maximum possible stroke from the rear shocks. Equipped with medium shock springs for extra rear grip.
- Features upgraded specifications based on the Ultima RB6 (KYO34301) model released on May in 2015.
- Highly adaptable chassis settings with choice of lowdown midship motor, midship motor and rear motor configurations.
- Ball differential features long life and superior precision tungsten diff balls.
- Features one-piece wheel shafts made from high-strength steel.
- Clamp screw aluminum hex wheel hubs provide secure traction and precise rotation on the rear.
- Large capacity slipper clutch is compatible with high power motors.
- Gun metallic anodized aluminum parts produce a formidable looking finish.
- Includes X-GEAR ball diff grease, high graphite grease and shock springs.
Tread (F/R): 221mm/201mm
Gear Ratio: 2.60 :1 (secondary reduction ratio), Spur 76T/pinion gear sold separately
Weight: 1,620g (approx.)
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel Radio System
- Steering Servo
- 1/10 ESC
- 1/10 Motor
- 2S Battery Pack
- Compatible Battery Charger
- Tires, Foams & CA Glue
- Pinion Gears
- Polycarbonate Paint for body
- Building Tools