The XRAY X12 2017 Link Spec 1/12 Pan Car Kit was developed using a combination of exclusive and premium materials, with the most advanced design concepts. Using unique HUDY Spring Steel, the world’s strongest Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum, with XRAY’s own secret composite mixtures, and premium high grade graphite materials, the X12 2017 is in a class of its own. Using state of the art German, Italian, and Swiss CNC machines, the X12 is a blend of only the world’s finest.
NOTE: Electronics, wheels and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Redesigned chassis to improve cornering speed and in-corner steering, and to increase traction of the car and help eliminate chassis roll.
- Redesigned narrower rear pod, allowing the bulkheads to be moved closer together. The motor position has been offset more to the right for improved weight balance.
- Aluminum rear bulkheads are redesigned with a unique motor mount design with multiple motor mounting positions. The upper motor mount position prevents the motor from moving in serious crashes, and it adds another option to easily mount different types of motors.
- Redesigned rear wheel hub has a narrower design to accommodate the motor mount position, as well as having an increased rear track-width adjustment range. The narrower design results in lower rotating weight.
- Redesigned graphite brace replaces the previous aluminum brace. The graphite brace significantly reduces tweak of the rear pod. To keep the lowest possible CG, the brace is positioned in the lowest possible position.
- Redesigned narrower side tubes narrow the car for improved handling and to reduce weight.
- Redesigned rear link brace features a narrower design that accommodates the shorter side tubes. The brace helps to move the weight more into the chassis center line, and the narrower design gives lower weight.
- Redesigned rear pod upper plate has a narrow design to accommodate the new narrower chassis design.
- Redesigned Steering Block and Upper Ball Joint eliminates excess play to improve steering response.
Width: Adjustable 167mm +/- 2mm front, 169mm rear
Length: 264 mm (varies depending on rear tires used)
Wheelbase: 201+/- 0.5mm
Ready-to-run weight: 840g (varies depending on equipment used)
Needed to Complete:
- Motor & ESC
- 1S LiPo Battery & Charger
- 1/12 Pan Car Tires & Wheels
- 1/12 Pan Car Body
- Steering servo
- Radio equipment