The XRAY XB4 2017 is the result of a brand that is never satisfied by good enough. Even when good enough has earned an IFMAR world title! Successful development of the XB4 – like all other XRAY platforms – would not have been possible without the involvement of the entire racing team working the entire year to test new ideas, prototypes, and improvements. The 2017 edition of the XB4 was focused on fine improvement of small details, making the car an absolute winner straight out of the box. From national titles around the world, through EOS Champion and European Champion titles, all the way to the World Championship title - the XB4 has an astonishingly long & strong lineup of victories to support the winning heritage of the XRAY XB4 platform.
NOTE: Electronics, and tires shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
XB4 2017 Features:
- Independent Servo Mount: The independent servo mount allows the steering servo to be mounted to the chassis without touching it, eliminating chassis tweak and improving overall traction. The servo mount can be positioned on either left or right side, depending on electronics placement.
- Graphite Rear Chassis Brace: Machined from high-grade graphite material, the redesigned brace is installed in the lower part of the composite brace connected directly to the chassis. The brace reinforces the rear of the car and generates more stability while increasing traction. The chassis brace is a vital part of the Multi-Flex™ setting.
- Shock Towers: Redesigned front tower with an extra additional shock mounting position for extra-fine tuning. Both front & rear shock towers are machined from premium-grade graphite. The front shock tower is 3.5mm thick; the rear is 3.0mm thick.
- Delrin® shock pistons: Redesigned shock pistons are made from Delrin® and are molded using ultra-high precision molds. 2-hole pistons (1.6mm and 1.7mm holes) are included.
- Shorter Shock Springs: The shock springs are shorter to allow fine ride height adjustment especially on carpet tracks. The XB4 springs have been specifically designed to complement the big-bore shocks.
- Hard Suspension Arms: The redesigned suspension arms are the result of long-term testing of different designs and layouts. The suspension arm is rigid enough to provide a responsive feel, yet soft enough for extreme durability. The exclusive composite mixtures used for suspension arms offer a perfect balance between reliability & performance. The included hard suspension arms increase stability in high-traction conditions, and help to increase cornering speed.
- Hard Caster Blocks: The redesigned 1-piece caster blocks are very lightweight, yet the construction makes them very stiff and rigid. The non-adjustable caster angle is preset to 9°. Roll center position can be quickly & easily adjusted by inserting different thickness of shims atop the caster block (between the block and the vertical ball stud). The front of the chassis is pre-angled with an integrated 8° caster angle, however the position of the adjustable eccentric bushings in the I.S.S.™ suspension holders influences the caster as well.
- Hard Rear Uprights: The super-compact redesigned rear uprights feature 3 different upper roll center positions. The rear uprights have 0° toe to ensure stability and to prevent suspension geometry changes in hard crashes. For maximum drivetrain reliability, larger 5x12 ball-bearings are used in the outer positions for increased dynamic load. Smaller 5x10 ball-bearings are used in the inner positions to minimize unsprung weight. The outer suspension pin uses adjustment shims to alter the wheelbase.
- 12mm Hex Hubs: Rredesigned ultra-lightweight 12mm wheel hex drive hubs are CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 black-coated aluminum. These ultra-true hex hubs have a clamping design which ensures ultra- solid mounting of the wheel on the hub. The rear aluminum hex hubs are specially machined to reduce rotating weight while guaranteeing wobble-free wheel mounting.
- Front & rear 12mm wheels: The redesigned wheels included with the XB4 are perfect for high-competition racing, being made from a very flexible material while still being ultra-durable to withstand repeated impacts. The side of the wheel is aerodynamically designed for maximum performance. Internal reinforcement ribs give superior stability and eliminate deformation. The wheels feature a 12mm internal hex.
- Velcro® Body Mounting: Tough composite side guards perfectly fit the chassis to seal against dirt and protect from side impacts. Velcro® double-sided tape is now included to ensure a perfect seal of the body to the side guards. Molded from a hard composite material, the side guards are an important part of the chassis flex adjustment for the majority of track conditions.
- Designed for highest performance at all levels of racing
- Engineered with attention to smallest details
- Manufactured with legendary artistic craftsmanship from premium European materials
- EFRA, ROAR, FEMCA spec compliant for stock and modified racing
- Super easy to build, set up, maintain, and drive
- Developed, designed and styled by Dipl. Eng. Juraj Hudy, manufactured exclusively by XRAY in Europe in the world's most sophisticated RC manufacturing facility
- Revolutionary off-road platform with new benchmark for premium quality, reliability and performance
- Premium XRAY service & support
Width: Adjustable 245-250mm
Wheelbase: Adjustable 279-281mm
Weight: 850 g
Ready-to-run weight: 1650 g
Needed To Complete:
- 2-Channel radio system
- Electronic Speed Control
- 540 Motor
- Steering servo
- Shorty style LiPo battery pack
- Compatible battery charger
- Polycarbonate paint for body
- 1/10 scale 4WD buggy tires & CA Glue
- Tools, threadlock & bearing oil