The Castle Creations Hydra XLX2 8S Brushless Marine ESC brings the legendary XLX2 platform to the boat market. Using the XLX2 ESC as a starting point Castle Creations was able to add a massive water cooled heatsink to soak up outrageous amounts of power. Integrated to this heatsink are two aluminum water fittings for 1/8" tubing and uses standard 10-32 UNF threads (includes optional .17" fittings). This cooling capability allows the Hydra XLX2 to use up to 8s LiPo power on the water and utilize a built in 20 amp adjustable BEC!
The Hydra XLX2 uses CRYO-DRIVE technology which minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs. The Hydra XLX2 software is able to monitor and adjust this thousands of times per second making this one of the most efficient systems at managing heat. COOLER TEMPS mean LONGER RUNS and MORE POWER!
Castle Creations has also given you the ability to easily optimize the ESC for any running conditions. Create, save and download setup profiles through the Castle Link Programming Suite on your Windows PC, or wirelessly with the convenience of the B-Link Bluetooth Adapter and Castle Link app for Android or iOS. Additional tuning can be made with the on-the-fly adjustments from your transmitter via the Auxiliary wire. Simply connect the white signal wire to an open radio channel, and enable the feature in Castle Link by selecting what Auxiliary function you would like to use. Access programming parameters such as Torque Control, Max Brake or Max Throttle.
Product Use Statements:
- Sensorless, SmartSense and Brushed Running Modes
- Powerful Integrated 20A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- CRYO-DRIVE Technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- Machined water-cooled heatsink with water fittings for 1/8" tubing.
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR transmitters
- Mounting holes located in bottom of aluminum case for affixing to your vehicle
- Data logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for "on-the-fly" adjustments using your transmitter
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase)
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link all available on Google Play or Apple App Store)
- Proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, KS USA and backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty
- The Hydra XLX2 is a high-performance controller; you must use high-discharge cells in your high-performance application to ensure vehicle performance.
- MINIMUM battery capacity is 5000mAh and MINIMUM of 50C continuous discharge for general use
- Castle recommends connectors designed for 150+ amps continuous, such as Castle 6.5mm polarized or CC BULLET 8.0MM QS8 8mm Anti Spark or QS10 10mm Anti Spark. You will also need 8mm male bullets for the motor connections.
Application Guidelines: RC Hobby boats up to 50"
Input Voltage Range: 3S-8S LiPo 33.6V
Running Modes: Sensorless, Brushed and SmartSense when paired with a Castle 4-Pole Sensored Motor.
Brake: Available, but disabled by default.
Reversible: Available, but disabled by default.
On/Off Switch: Yes (waterproof)
Water cooling fittings: Two fittings, for 1/8" tubing installed. Optional .17" fittings included. Uses 10-32 UNF threads.
Size (LxWxH): 3.98x2.49x1.34” (101.2x63.3x34mm)
Weight (with wires): 12.8oz (363g)
Motor Connectors: 8mm female bullets on circuit board, matching 8mm male bullets for motor required (not included)
Operating Environment: Waterproof design for all weather conditions (See Operating Environment Considerations)
Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, or the Castle Link App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX, T7PX, T7PXR, and 10PX transmitters.Includes
- Hydra XLX2 ESC
- Castle Creations Decals
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
- Hydra XLX2 Quick Start Guide