This is a rubber sealed "Speed" ceramic front engine bearing from ProTek R/C. This bearing is designed to fit the O.S. MAX .21 RG, VZ-B and VZ-B V-Spec off-road competition buggy engines. This bearing will also fit any other .21 competition buggy engine that uses the same bearing dimensions, such as the RB Concepts WS7, WS7II, C6-BB, Novarossi P5 etc. The bearing dimensions are 7mm inner, 19mm outer and 6mm thick. This bearing is sealed to stop fuel leaking out the front of the engine during use.
Dual Front and Rear Seals
These bearings come with seals on both the front and rear of the bearing. Some people prefer to install the bearing with both seals intact, however we recommend that you remove the seal from the side of the bearing that will be going into the engine, to ensure that the balls in the bearing get the proper amount of lubrication.
Our ProTek Ceramic Engine Bearings are a hybrid type, featuring Stainless Steel inner and outer races, with Si3N4 silicone nitride ceramic balls. Ceramic bearings have many advantages over standard steel bearings, such as decreased weight, higher RPM capabilities, increased corrosion and wear resistance, as well as reduced friction and vibration.
So next time you purchase bearings, when you ask yourself "Why should I buy Ceramic?" You should be asking yourself "Why shouldn't I?"
Advantages of Ceramic:
- High Speed: Hybrid bearings can reach a resistance level of 1,200,000dN with grease lubrication, due to reduced slip, wear extent and heat productivity.
- Lightweight: The weight of ceramics is 60% lighter than steel, which decreases the centrifugal force and the overall bearing weight.
- Long Service Life: The service life of hybrid bearings is 3 to 5 times longer than that of steel bearings in comparable working conditions.
- Self Lubricating: Even when poorly lubricated or with no lubrication, ceramic bearings will continue to function longer than steel bearings under the same level of stress due to their self lubricating properties.
- Corrosion Resistance: Hybrid bearings have excellent corrosion resistance, and will continue to function while corroded.
- High Rigidity: The elastic ration of ceramics is 1.5 times greater than that of bearing steel, this dramatically increases the rigidity of the bearing.
- Low Friction: Ceramic materials have a low friction force. Even under the conditions of boundary lubrication, the surfaces are extremely smooth, so its friction force is low and the rotational friction moment is low.
- Wear Resistant: The micro-hardness of ceramics can reach a Vickers Hardness level of HV1700 kg/mm2, which dramatically increases the wear-resistance.
Note: Some of these bearings may have two seals. If you only wish to have one seal, you can remove the seal from the side that will be inside the engine.